Tuesday 6 March 2012

Mothers Day Gifts To Brighten Up Her Bed Room

Constantly challenging to figure out what to acquire for your mom - however look at these soothing choices. Alma Fortune Cups inspired by the Turkish tradition of Tasseography (coffee forturne telling), Opera Porcelain with its delicately curved forms (just like mother), Kyros Cup & Plate great Air Swimmers for an afternoon tea and snack. For tea-drinkers, Morehouse Double Walled Glass (shown with a Tea Forte Silken Tea Infuser) and the illicit appearing Tea Stick from Blomus: fill with tea, rest in a cup of hot water and let the tea steep perfectly. Need to know where to get these fantastic gifts? Visit FurnitureSeen.comWe were recently introduced to the work of Jerry Jacobs, a San Francisco based Interior Designer. Although I typically tend toward more modern interiors, I was particularly taken with this room, in a flat in the Air Swimmers Presidio Heights area of San Francisco. I love the gentle palatte punctuated by the robust piece of fine art and the dark flooring and chandelier. The blend of textiles certainly gets my attention without becoming a distraction. I asked Jerry about the development - I was so curious about that painting - was it the inspiration or the finishing complement? “The home owner had found the painting early on in the development and asked me if I could work with it. To me it looked like a modern Toulouse Lautrec… also I have always appreciated burgundy, black and ashen motifs, so I said yes. She purchased it and we did work around it a bit.” Jerry said he insisted on the black frame to match the floor and lighting. At the client’s request, yellow was selected as the primary color, which worked well with the girls’ hair. I admire the restraint excercised within this space - I asked Jerry how he knows at what time he’s done. “I am regularly very restrained, I find that it creates interiors last long or become ageless. I have a tendency to be monochromatic, but I do like to produce life into the spaces. In this case natural luminosity have been effective incredibly well too.” He went on to say that there was no further need, the room was finished. I wholeheartedly agree.Announced at IMM Cologne, Ruche is the couch brought down to its most basic elements: a frame and a Air Swimmers pad. The clean beechwood structure is draped with a thick quilted mattress. The finish, as thoughtful and detailed as the ruching of a woman’s garment, provides an attractive, relaxed yet stylish sense. Linea’s Santa Monica warehouse is full of distinguished furniture design at truly great prices. Take Flipt by Jeff Miller for Cerruti Baleri. This chair doubles as a side chair or lounge, with a easy flip, you can release or secure the lower part of the chair to make it work either way. This piece is on the floor at Linea Santa Monica for 30% off the original cost. Blossom Loop by Black + Blum was apparently influenced by the Fibonacci Curve, you know that series of numbers that accounts for so many of the spiraling shapes that occur in nature… Well, in any case, the container is beautiful and austere. Executed in limitless flowing wire with a chromed finish, the vase is equipped with a water tube that is hidden within. Consider connecting more than a few Flower Loops simultaneously for a bigger impact.London based Black + Blum is an Anglo-Swiss design consultancy that ventured out to expand their specific merchandise line. Appears it was a worthy decision as their modern accessories line continues to get bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment